- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania urged the opposition to unite to change power in Georgia2009-02-17 10:52
Yesterday Irakli Alasania introduced his political team. At the present moment it comprises eight people: ex-diplomats Levan Mikeladze, Victor Dolidze, Alexey Petriashvili, Zurab Abashidze, lawyer Shalva Shavgulidze; scientist of the Academy of Sciences, Nino Goguadze; doctor Dimitri Tvildiani; head of the "alternative government"of Abkhazia chairman administration Giorgi Chikovani, he announced at the presentation in the Courtyard Marriott hotel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This team will be the core of the public and political movement aimed to change power in Georgia. Irakli Alasania urged all the opposition parties and public organizations to unite for this aim.
One-man rule, negligence of the main rules of democracy, non-transparency of decision-making of Saakashvili's government lead to quite logical consequences: the events of November 7th 2007 and August 2008, the ex-diplomat believes.
According to Alasania, the problems exist in practically all the spheres of life of state: in economy, judicial system, foreign policy, defense and security.
"The acting government of Georgia is an unreliable partner for international organizations. Stable and balanced foreign policy id needed to cooperate with international structures", Alasania stated.
According to the ex-diplomat, the present-day situation in the country demands the change of existing power via early elections. Alasania's team is ready to cooperate with all the interested forces to achieve it.