- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US is not ready to accept Georgia into NATO2012-05-11 12:18
As reported by the VZGLIAD, the United States believe it's not time to talk about Georgia's acception into NATO, since Georgia has not reached the level required for the candidates for membership. At the same time, the United States are ready to provide Georgia assistance to help it to reach respective requirements.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Speaking at a hearing in the international committee of the U.S. Senate, Deputy Secretary of State for European and Eurasian affairs Philip Gordon stated, "Our military aid to Georgia is designed to support the country's defense reform, as well as enhance its capacity to participate in the ISAF operation in Afghanistan and ensure the criteria for NATO membership compliance".
He added that Mikhail Saakashvili and Barack Obama "have agreed to deepen cooperation" in January. Gordon noted that Georgia has made great strides on the path to NATO membership, and demonstrated a desire to join the Organization. But Georgia shouldn't expect it in the near future.
Recall, earlier, the U.S. administration stated that the issue of Georgia's NATO membership would not be discussed at the upcoming summit to be held in Chicago on May 20-21.