- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin to meet with presidents of Abkhazia and South Ossetia in Sochi2012-05-11 14:31
As reported by the Vesti.ru, May 11-12, Russian President Vladimir Putin will arrive to Sochi with a working visit, where he will hold the first in his new position international meetings. The heads of Abkhazia and South Ossetia will become his guests.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On Friday, Russian president will meet with his Abkhazian counterpart Alexander Ankvab, who will be in Russia on a working visit. And on May 12, Putin will meet with the South Ossetian president Leonid Tibilov. "It is expected that the two leaders will visit the reconstructed crossing point across the state border between Russia and Abkhazia "Veseliy - Adler", and will discuss a number of bilateral and regional issues of mutual interest", said in the Kremlin.
Construction of the automobile crossing point was completed recently - the checkpoint is fully operating since mid-March. Reconstruction of the pedestrian component will be completed in late June and will be put into operation in July-August 2012, the edition reported.
Same day the Russian President will visit the Olympic construction site and will hold a meeting on the preparations for the Olympic Winter Games in 2014. It is expected that at the meeting they will discuss completion of the construction and commissioning of the Olympic facilities, holding them test events, as well as the preparation of Sochi for the summer tourist season.