- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia may revive Gamsakhurdia government2012-05-12 13:11
As reported by the Lenta.ru, Georgian opposition politician Shalva Natelashvili proposed to transfer power in the country to the government of Zviad Gamsakhurdia. He announced such proposal at a press conference on May 11.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Opposition member said he considered Gamsakhurdia government, overthrown 20 years ago, still legitimate. "We call on all political parties, considering themselves opposition and national, to sign a declaration and accept the legitimacy of the government of Zviad Gamsakhurdia. Only after that we can see the path of salvation", Natelashvili said.
Natelashvili heads the opposition Labor Party. He has a reputation of shocking and scandalous politician.
Recall, Zviad Gamsakhurdia was the first president of Georgia. He held this post from 1991 to 1992. As a result of the coup that took place in December 1991 and January 1992, Gamsakhurdia was overthrown. He left Georgia, but soon returned, and unsuccessfully tried to regain power with the support of armed groups. In December 1993, the overthrown president died (according to one version - he was killed, according to another - he committed suicide).