- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Georgia: Russia holds military exercises simultaneously with elections in Georgia2012-05-14 13:09
As reported by the GHN, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili believes Russia has decided to hold military exercises in parallel with the parliamentary elections in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our northern neighbor holds military exercises in parallel with our elections. They tend to hold exercises in the summer, but they are a bit belated this year. They call them mandatory elections, and they have appointed them for the time of our elections", Saakashvili said, speaking at an economic summit of the OSCE in Batumi.
According to him, security is very important for Georgia, and the OSCE, as the organization of security and democracy, should be informed about it.
Saakashvili noted that Georgia was a good example of democratic reforms. At the same time, according to the president, representatives of the Russian opposition, coming to Georgia, get acquainted with Georgian reform experience, and believe that such changes may be implemented in Russia.
Recall, the the OSCE conference, which runs until May 14, will be attended by the OSCE PA President Petros Efthymiou, as well as parliamentarians, experts and representatives of diplomatic corps, accredited in Georgia, from more than 30 countries.