- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tehran sent a protest note to Saudi Arabia2012-05-30 19:16
Iranian Foreign Ministry has sent to the Ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Tehran a protest note, Deputy Foreign Minister of Iran Hassan Gashkavi said, the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Last time, Saudi Arabia's ambassador to Iran was summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Thursday, where he was handed a note in connection with reports that Iranian detainees may be executed in Saudi Arabia", Gashkavi said.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi has held a number of telephone talks with his Saudi counterpart Saud Al-Faisal on this issue. However, Saudi side has not responded to Iran's demands to explain Riyadh's position on the issue of executions of Iranian citizens.
On the eve, Pakistan's four women and two men were sentenced to death for singing and dancing at the wedding, the Interfax reported referring to the agency AFP.
The incident occurred in one of the mountain villages in the district of Kohistan in northern Pakistan, where the dancing guests got shot on a cell phone camera. Meanwhile, strict customs of local community dictate that men and women should be separately from each other at the wedding.
"The local Muslim community issued a decree to execute the four women and two men captured on footage", police spokesman Abdulmadzhid Afradi siad. He explained that the incident cause was the tribal feuds, and the video didn't show that men and women were not separated.
"All of them are shown separately on the video. I've seen the video with my own eyes, it shows four women singing, and then in another scene it was showing a man dancing, and then another one sitting there", Afradi said.