- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The fourth round of Geneva Talks finishes2009-02-18 11:29
The fourth round of the consultations on settlement and stabilization of the situation on Caucasus will finish today in Geneva.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The consultations are held in the Genovese Palace of Nations under the aegis of the UN, the EU and OSCE, the participants are the delegations of Russia, Georgia, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and the USA.
On February 17th the meetings of the two working groups were held: on security and on refugees issue. According to the sources in the Russian delegation and the UN office press service in Geneva, following the mutual agreement, information on the results of the negotiations will be presented at the final press conferences in Wednesday - ITAR TASS.
Let us remind that the first three rounds (in October, November and December 2008) had no significant results. The main reason for this was the refusal of the Georgian side to accept the representatives of South Ossetia and Abkhazia as the participants enjoying equal rights. But after the third round Grigoriy Karasin, the head if the Russian delegation mentioned, the sides managed to overcome procedural and protocol obstacles and work out the format that discriminates no-one.