- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Georgian Dream" has reported the kidnapping of its supporter2012-06-04 15:06
Political coalition "Georgian Dream" (the leader of which is the oligarch Bidzina Ivanishvili) has reported the kidnapping of its supporter, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the coalition's statement, June 3, the Olympic champion in judo Ambako Avaliani, who was accompanied by an athlete Zurab Bendeliani and a relative Irakli Gulbani, was kidnapped at about 10 p.m. near the church of St. Nicholas in Tbilisi.
With reference to the witnesses the Coalition has also reported that before the kidnapping during all the day on June 3, a judo athlete Sindzhikashvili called Ambako Avaliani by phone, asking to meet and begging not to engage in politics. After these begging Avaliani has agreed to a meeting and came to the appointed place, near the church. Sindzhikashvili also came there, along with twenty persons on two jeeps and three passenger cars. They put Avaliani in the car and took him to an unknown destination, the edition reported.
In response, the coalition "Georgian Dream" contacted with the interdepartmental commission of theNational Security Council of Georgia, created to ensure free and transparent elections.
Ambako Avaliani returned to the place of incident with his lawyer late at night, said in the Coalition's statement.