- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syria expels Western countries ambassadors2012-06-05 17:16
Syria has announced the expulsion of the ambassadors of the U.S., UK, France, Switzerland, Spain and Italy, as well as attorneys of Belgium, Bulgaria and Canada, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Late May, a number of countries, belonging to the so-called group "Friends of Syria", announced the decision to expel the ambassadors of Syria, and even some other Syrian diplomats in some cases. Such decisions were connected to alleged Damascus' involvement in the tragedy in the Syrian village of Hula on May 25.
Recall, late May the Syrian opposition reported about shelling of a small town Hula, during which over 100 people including 49 children were killed. However, the nature of the wounds on the bodies of dead people showed that they had died not as a result of shelling, but were shot in the head or by cold weapon. The Syrian government accused the fighters, who consider themselves supporters of the opposition, of this crime. The UN observers, citing eyewitnesses, claim that civilians were killed by pro-government Syrian militants.
After this French president Francois Hollande took decision to expel Syrian ambassador his home country.