- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The US continues training Georgian military2012-06-06 12:09
The U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stated Washington and Tbilisi have agreed on further cooperation in the military field. She announced this during her visit to Georgia on 5 June in Batumi, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
American instructors continue to train the Georgian military and helicopters fleet of the republic will be upgraded. Clinton expects Tbilisi to become "a strong international partner with an improved defense capability". She also noted Georgia's "great contribution" into the U.S. Afghan campaign, the edition reported.
Recall, Hillary Clinton arrived in Georgia on June 4 in the course of her regional tour. The day before she had visited Armenia, and she has departed to Baku.
In 2009, Georgia and the United States signed the Charter on Strategic Partnership. The Charter implies the extension of cooperation between the two countries in the field of defense, security, economy, energy, democratic reforms, diplomacy and culture.
As recalled by the KM.ru, about a thousand Georgian military are serving in Afghanistan. One company of Georgian troops (175 soldiers and officers) is located in Kabul and one battalion (750 persons) - in Helmand province. 16 Georgian soldiers participating in the Afghan campaign have been killed.