- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA to train Georgian servicemen2009-02-18 16:55
The USA considers the request of Tbilisi to resume training of Georgian servicemen, stated General Carter Ham, the Commander of U.S. Army Europe and 7th Army.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"There are shortfalls in equipment. There are shortfalls in command and control. There are shortfalls in tactical capability", he said. "But they're still not bad. But it's also important to remember that the training that we've provided to them in years past was specifically to help them with an expeditionary capability to conduct operations principally in Iraq" the general added.
"They were not trained for territorial defense," Ham said, "So European Command is working with the Department [of Defense] on what's the best way to proceed ".
According to the Vice PM and the State Minister for European and Atlantic Integration, Giorgi Baramidze, theintention of the US to resume training of Georgian military witnesses the beginning of the new, higher stage of cooperation of the two countries.
"In future we expect from the USA not only continuation of the Georgian military training, but also implementation of other, more serious projects", he said - ITAR TASS.
"It means that the relations of the two countries develop dynamic, basing on the strategic partnership principles", Baramidze noted.