- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kofi Annan: Iran must take part in addressing Syrian crisis2012-06-08 12:10
International envoy in Syria General Kofi Annan expressed hopes that Iran would participate in taking decision to address the Syrian conflict. According to the Rosbalt, Annan stated that Iran was an important country in the region at the UN Security Council meeting to discuss issues related to the creation of a new international contact group on Syria.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In addition, he noted that in the contact group should include Iran, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar in addition to the five permanent members of the UN Security Council. Kofi Annan stressed that it was those countries having an impact on the Syrian government and the opposition in this Arab country, the RSN reported.
Recall, previously it became known that France would not invite Iran to a meeting of "Friends of Syria", to be held in Paris on July 6.
"Iranian regime has supported Bashar al-Assad and the bloody repression of its people, so it cannot be associated with the settlement of the Syrian crisis", French Foreign Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said.