- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
14 Talibs escaped from Afghan jail2012-06-08 17:52
At least 14 prisoners, including members of the radical movement "Taliban" escaped from prison in Sari Pul province in northern Afghanistan, RIA Novosti reported with reference to the Associated Press.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Escape occurred on the night of Friday. According to the provincial governor Abdul Jabar Hakbin, an explosion destroyed the prison wall, and the resulting gap rushed the prisoners.
Prison guards opened fire at the fugitives; as a result three prisoners were killed. Part of the escapees was captured; search of 14 people is now being conducted.
According to specified data, an explosive device was assembled in the prison. During the escape the inmates blew up as one of the prison tower with a guard in it.
Recall, one of the biggest escape took place in Afghanistan in April 2011. That time, 482 prisoners, most of whom were militants of "Taliban", escaped from a prison in Kandahar province.