- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kofi Annan considers his mission in Syria ineffective2012-06-09 12:15
As reported by the RBC, at a meeting with the U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the issue of resolving the situation in Syria Special Representative of the United Nations (UN) Kofi Annan called for increasing pressure on the government of the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Kofi Annan, the ongoing killings of dozens of people in the course of the confrontation between the government forces and Syria's opposition question the effectiveness of the peace plan, the Voice of America reported.
"Everyone is looking for a solution. Some say the plan has failed. Is there the trouble in the plan or in the implementation? If in the implementation, how can we achieve it?", Kofi Annan appealed to Hillary Clinton.
Recall, Kofi Annan's peace plan of resolution crisis in Syria has virtually no alternative platform to achieve political and diplomatic settlement in Syria. The plan came into force on April 12, 2012. It provides cease-fire by all parties, withdrawal of troops and armed forces from populated areas, as well as ensuring the delivery of humanitarian assistance to the affected areas as a result of the conflict.
However, the government troops and opposition forces have repeatedly violated these requirements after the plan had come into force.