- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili fined on $ 77.5 million2012-06-13 16:34
Tbilisi City Court has fined the billionaire and the opposition leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili on 126, 2 million lari (about $ 77.5 million). This was reported by Ivanishvili's media lawyers, the Echo of the Caucasus reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was taken on Monday, June 11. Thus, the court has concluded the hearing on the administrative case of the Control Chamber of Georgia against the billionaire, related to the distribution of the satellite antennas by the company Global Sonsulting Group.
Note, Ivanishvili's lawyers disagree with the decision of the court and intend to challenge it. "The court has not accepted any request from our side; Tbilisi City Court has only one party - the Control Chamber; the court is not interested in evidence, it is ready to support any of its decision", the billionaire's lawyer Eka Beselia said. According to her, the court's decision was politically motivated.
On the eve, Defense Ministry of Georgian Imereti region started the investigation into the possible bribery of voters by the coalition "Georgian Dream".
As noted in a statement by the prosecutor's office, June 5, 2012, Georgian media reported that the representatives of Kutaisi branch of "Georgian Dream" along with the pre-election leaflets handed out forms with a promise to fulfill the wishes of the voters "to get wealth".
"Since this action constitutes a crime, in particular - the bribing of voters, Georgian Interior Ministry in Imereti began investigating the activities, supervised by the prosecutor's office, in accordance to the Criminal Procedure Code of Georgia", said in a statement.
The prosecutor's office emphasizes that freedom of expression and political activity of citizens is guaranteed by the legislation of Georgia. "The purpose of the investigation is to protect the electoral process from criminal interference and to ensure the voting right of the political parties and the citizens", said in the department's statement.