- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. will help Georgia to build its own air defense2012-06-15 16:52
As reported by the KM.ru, the U.S. have promised to help Georgia to develop its own system of air defense (AD). In addition, the Americans will help Georgia in the creation of follower arrangement and modernization of the helicopters fleet. Such a statement was spread by the U.S. State Department after Hillary Clinton's visit to Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press release, the U.S. intend to pass from analysis and assessment of the situation in Georgia to implementation of the joint plans. Washington has promised to consider Georgia's request on the "purchase of means of a defensive nature" in addition to the assistance which is already being provided, the edition reported.
The United States have reiterated that consider Abkhazia and South Ossetia Georgia's territories. At the meeting of the US-Georgia Commission on Strategic Partnership, which was held on June 5, the parties discussed options for establishing contacts between Georgia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the Lenta.ru reported.
Commission meeting was held in the framework of the Charter on Strategic Partnership, signed by Georgia and the United States in January 2009. The document implies expansion of partnership and cooperation between Washington and Tbilisi in a number of areas, particularly in the field of defense, security, economy, energy and culture.