- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Control Chamber suspects the ruling party of bribing voters2012-06-18 10:56
Service to monitor financial activities of political associations of the Control Chamber of Georgia has appealed to the Prosecutor's Office with a recommendation to check information about the funding of medical services for Samtredia residents from the ruling party, the Caucasian Knot reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The matter is about the story of the TV company "Maestro" in which the representative of the "United National Movement", a shareholder of the oil company Wissol Levan Pkhakadze on behalf of the government promised financial assistance for medical services to the residents of the district center Samtredia (West Georgia).
An NGO "Public Defender" informed the Control Chamber about this fact.
"We believe that the actions of this man indicate a criminal offense under the Article 164 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which is punishable by fine or imprisonment up to three years", the representative of the "Public Defender" stated on June 14.
In turn, June 15, Georgian Chamber of Control called for the police to conduct checks to identify possible violations.
Recall, earlier, Tbilisi City Court fined the billionaire and the opposition leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili on 126, 2 million lari (about $ 77.5 million).
The decision was taken on Monday, June 11. Thus, the court has concluded the hearing on the administrative case of the Control Chamber of Georgia against the billionaire, related to the distribution of the satellite antennas by the company Global Sonsulting Group.