- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili was invited to become the president of Moldova2012-06-19 14:02
The mayor of Chisinau and the vice-chairman of the Liberal Party of Moldova Dorin Chirtoaca invited the Georgian leader Mikheil Saakashvili to become president of Moldova, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I've got an idea. Saakashvili's second presidential term expires in Georgia, so he will not be able to nominate himself again. So, let him come to Moldova. Let him be our president for two terms, and I am sure that he will change the situation in the country: corruption will disappear, the investment will appear, in general, everything will good", Chirtoaca said at the meeting in Chisinau City Hall.
Since the spring last year, the president of Moldova is Nicolae Timofti.
Note that under the constitution of Moldova, President of the Republic can become a citizen eligible to vote who has attained the age of 40, a resident or a resident in the territory of Moldova for not less than 10 years and speaks the state language.
In the fall of 2013, in Georgia presidential election takes place, after which Saakashvili will have to leave his post since he is in office for a second term. Many of the international independent organization called the successful fight against corruption one of the main achievements of Mikheil Saakashvili as president.