- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan will replace the Russian "Kalashnikov" by the Israeli "Tavor"2012-06-19 16:21
As reported by the Rosbalt, Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry intends to replace Russian assault rifles Kalashnikovs adopted in Azeri Army, by Israeli "Tavor".gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to media reports, Azerbaijan will buy from the Israeli concern "Defense Industry" (TAAS) license for the production of the assault rifles "Tavor" (TAR-21), for which there will be build a joint Israeli-Azerbaijani enterprise.
Under this scheme, the TAAS has already supplied "Tavors" to Brazil and Ukraine. In addition, Israeli-made "Tavors" are adopted by army and police units of Georgia, Guatemala, India, Colombia, Portugal, Thailand, and the Philippines.
In turn, Russian experts say that the Israeli "Tavor" is a good gun, while the Russian Kalashnikov assault rifles are weapons, though well made, but already quite old, the NEWSru reported.