- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Chirikba: Georgia and the U.S. panned in Geneva2012-06-20 18:04
The Geneva talks have clearly shown that the term "occupation" did not fit into the situation with Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia Vyacheslav Chirikba said, the GHN reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The talks clearly demonstrated that absolutely none of the criteria of the international law is unsuitable to the term "occupation" in regard of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. This, I believe, was the ideological defeat of the people of those countries whose governments have called Abkhazia and South Ossetia occupied. It became clear that Georgia and the United States, as well as the other countries use this term as a propaganda trick", Chirikba said.
On the eve, the international experts recognized that Abkhazia and South Ossetia are not occupied by Russian troops, the ITAR-TASS reported.
"There is no reason to talk about the existence of the Russian occupation of Abkhazia and South Ossetia", the State Secretary, Deputy Foreign Minister of the RF, Grigory Karasin said.
"On the examples of international practice, the experts have shown that the term of "occupation" was absolutely unacceptable in relation to the stay of the Russian military forces and bases on the territory of Abkhazia and South Ossetia", the expert said.