- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In Georgia, satellite dishes of a private company arrested2012-06-22 17:20
In Georgia, satellite dishes owned by a private company "Global Contact Consulting" were arrested, the IA Regnum reported. According to a special statement spread by the Georgian Prosecutor General's Office on June 21, the decision was made on the basis of the information in connection with the facts of bribing of voters, provided the day before, June 20, by the Chamber of Control of Georgia. This offense is punishable under the Article 164 of the Criminal Code of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The report by the Prosecutor General's Office states that representatives of the company "Global Contact Consulting, despite the appeal of the Control Chamber, are continuing installation of the satellite dishes to voters with the condition of their support for the political entity. Under the term "political entity" the Prosecutor General's Office means political coalition "Georgian Dream".
Throughout the night the police and Prosecutor's Office of Georgia sealed the warehouse of the company GLOBAL TV owned by brother of the leader of the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili. As the director of the company Zurab Bazlidze told the reporters, in total 50 thousand satellite dishes were arrested, the Vestnik Kavkaza reported.
Zurab Bazlidze added that he had not received notice from the Prosecutor's Office about the arrest of his property.
Prosecutor's Office of Georgia stated that the installation of satellite dishes in the country occurred on concessional terms, so this is an attempt to bribe voters, which is prohibited by law.
GLOBAL TV provided broadcasting of the opposition channels, including the "Channel 9", owned by the billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili.