- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi: Establishment of the Eurasian Union threatens to Georgia's sovereignty2012-06-25 13:53
Georgian Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze stated that the Eurasian Union, which, in his opinion, is nothing but a "transformed Soviet Union", posed a threat for Ukraine and Georgia, the KP.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"When Russia announces plans to create a Eurasian Union, all are well aware that it is about a transformed Soviet Union, more precisely, about the political and military aspects of the collapsed empire. Therefore, for Georgia, strong and stable Ukraine is a vital necessity", Grigol Vashadze said.
At the same time, he added that the Eurasian Union threatens the sovereignty and independence of Georgia and Ukraine.
According to the Gazeta.ru, Vashadze also noted that Georgia and Ukraine continue to cooperate in all fields, and the level of relations between the states was "higher than ever".
"Ukrainian-Georgian relations have been developing. There are periods when joint political declarations sound loudly. And sometimes the active co-operation takes place without loud statements. But this is not changing the essence of our relationships. Ukraine needs Georgia, and Georgia - Ukraine", the Minister said.