- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Georgian Dream" has a plan on Abkhazia and South Ossetia2012-06-25 15:58
Opposition coalition "Georgian Dream" has a specific plan to resolve the conflict with Abkhazia and South Ossetia, spokesperson of the coalition Mayan Panjikidze said, the GHN reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia will never accept the loss of the occupied territories; this is definite position and this is the starting point of reference for our political power. I do not know what are the expectations of the de facto authorities of Abkhazia, but the dialogue, which will take place with the Abkhaz and Ossetian brothers, will take into account the restoration of territorial integrity Georgia and the preservation of the sovereignty of Georgia", the spokesperson said.
She emphasized that "Georgian Dream", as opposed to the current authorities of the country, has a concrete plan to solve the problem.
"These authorities have exhausted all the resources to restore trust of the Abkhaz and Ossetian compatriots, and to transfer the situation to the new stage. The new government will have all the resources for this. Naturally, no one can promise that the problem will be solved very quickly, but the first step should be taken in order to restore the trust and to start not only political but also a direct dialogue with the Abkhazians and Ossetians", Panjikidze said.
Recall, in the opinion of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Abkhazia, Vyacheslav Chirikba, the efforts of the leader of "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili may be more successful.
"We are open for dialogue. I'm sure that under another president, not Saakashvili, Georgia would have been different, and we would have every opportunity to reach an agreement. We need a more pragmatic interlocutor, such as Alasania (the leader of the opposition party "Our Georgia") or the oligarch Bidzina Ivanishvili. Ivanishvili, who has just entered into politics, is business man and, perhaps, he is quite pragmatic to understand which solution is beneficial for all", Chirikba said.