- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A criminal case was instituted against former Interior Minister of Abkhazia2012-06-26 13:11
In Abkhazia, a criminal case was instituted against the former Interior Minister of the Republic, the former head of the Football Federation, Leonid Dzapshba. According to the Rosbalt, he is charged with abuse of power which resulted major damage to the state.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The charges are relate to Dzapshba's activities as president of the Football Federation (he held this position from 2007 until early 2012). According to Prosecutor's Office, he is suspected of "using money for personal gain in the amount of 7.8 million rubles belonging to the Football Federation".
The investigation intends to carry out construction expertise for compliance of costs, reflected in the accounting department of the Football Federation of Abkhazia related to the construction of soccer fields, with the actual volume of work performed. The investigation qualifies Leonid Dzapshba's actions under Part 2 of the Article 196 of Abkhazian Criminal Code - "abuse of power, resulting in serious consequences, particularly expressed in causing major material damage to the interests of society and state", the IA Regnum reported.