- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In Georgia, the shares of Bidzina Ivanishvili arrested2012-06-27 11:56
The Executive Bureau of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia has decided to arrest the shares owned by the opposition politician and billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili. This was reported by the Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This decision was taken due to the businessman's failure to pay a fine, which was imposed on him for bribing voters on the eve of parliamentary elections. However, the billionaire himself claims that he has no shares in the Georgian companies which could be arrested.
The agency notes that the arrest of the shares does not prevent normal operation of the companies. It was also reported that if Bidzina Ivanishvili pays the fine, the arrest of the shares would be automatically removed, the RBC reported.
Recall, Tbilisi City Court has fined the billionaire and the opposition leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili on 126, 2 million lari (about $ 77.5 million). This was reported by Ivanishvili's media lawyers.
The decision was taken on Monday, June 11. Thus, the court has concluded the hearing on the administrative case of the Control Chamber of Georgia against the billionaire, related to the distribution of the satellite antennas by the company Global Sonsulting Group.