- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin and Erdogan discussed the Turkish aircraft shot down by Syria2012-06-28 12:19
As reported by the RIA Novosti, during a telephone conversation with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed the situation around Syria, the Kremlin press service stated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"They have discussed the situation in Syria and around it, including in the context of the recent tragic incident with the Turkish military aircraft shot down by the Syrian air defense. It was stressed that this incident should be thoroughly investigated", said in a statement.
Note that the conversation was initiated by the Turkish side.
June 22, Turkish reconnaissance aircraft RF-4E flown out the air base "Erkhach" in the province of Malaga in the south-east of the country. It disappeared from radar screens after a half hour after takeoff in the airspace of the Mediterranean Sea south-east from the province of Hatay bordering with Syria.
Syria stated it had shot down the Turkish aircraft over its territorial waters. Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu argues that the aircraft was shot down in international airspace, and its fragments fell into the territorial waters of Syria.