- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kofi Annan has worked out compromise on Syria2012-06-28 13:24
The UN and Arab League Special Envoy to resolve the crisis in Syria General Kofi Annan presented a new peace initiative, which has already been supported by all permanent members of the UN Security Council, including Russia, the Kommersant reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Kofi Annan, the best way to resolve the crisis in Syria was the formation of the Government of National Unity, which would include both the opposition forces and supporters of the current regime.
As reported by the RBC, the formation of coalition power body would be the main agenda at the international summit on the conflict in Syria. The summit is scheduled for June 30, 2012. in Geneva (Switzerland).
At the same time, earlier the French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius stated that Paris was in favor of decisive action against Syria. "The members of the UN Security Council will discuss the possibility of creating conditions for implementation of Kofi Annan's peace plan, which require decisive action, and they are likely to be based on Chapter 7 of the UN Charter", Fabius said. Note, Chapter 7 provides the use of armed force "to maintain peace and security". Earlier, all such decisions were blocked in the UN Security Council by Russia and China.