- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania for Saakashvili’s resignation, but in legal way2009-02-20 09:52
Irakli Alasania, the ex-Permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN, campaigns for the early resignation of the president and the parliament and proposes a referendum on these questions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I believe that the President and the government must resign on the demand of some persons or political parties. It needs the demand of the society. I see referendum on this question as one of the ways to call early elections ", he said - Reuters.
"I want it to be conducted within the Constitution", the ex-ambassador added.
Let us remind that a few days ago Alasania made a statement and promised to establish a coalition with other opposition parties to strive for the change of power in Georgia together. Several ex-ambassadors are expected to join his team.
On February 18th Kakhaber Shartava announced that the process of civil committees and initiative groups establishment has begun. These committees and groups are aimed to achieve Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation and organization of nation-wide actions of insubordination.