- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Turkey gathers forces at the border with Syria2012-06-29 11:56
Turkey cannot rule out possibility of military confrontation with Syria. Earlier Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan argued that Turkey would not make any sudden moves against Damascus after the incident with the Turkish aircraft, the KP.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday it became known that Turkey gathered armored vehicles and air defense means at the border with Syria. Ankara stated from that moment any Syrian mobile military facility approaching to the border of Turkey, would be considered a potential threat and a military target.
Moreover, at a meeting of NATO representatives, specially assembled for consultation, the Turks stated Syria was threatening its territorial integrity, political independence and national security.
Recall, June 22, Turkish reconnaissance aircraft RF-4E flown out the air base "Erkhach" in the province of Malaga in the south-east of the country. It disappeared from radar screens after a half hour after takeoff in the airspace of the Mediterranean Sea south-east from the province of Hatay bordering with Syria, the RIA Novosti reported.
Syria stated it had shot down the Turkish aircraft over its territorial waters. Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu argues that the aircraft was shot down in international airspace, and its fragments fell into the territorial waters of Syria.