- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Eduard Shevardnadze has apologized to the people of Georgia2012-07-02 11:53
Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze repented of transmitting power to Mikheil Saakashvili. He stated this in an interview to a popular Tbilisi newspaper "Asaval-Dasavali", the ITAR-TASS reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Shevardnadze, his "biggest sin to the people and the country was the fact that he had transmitted power to Saakashvili". He stated that he "had no other choice but to resign early, but I am ready to repent and apologize to the people of Georgia for having transmitted the power to Saakashvili. I admit my mistake and apologize to the people", he stressed.
At the same time, Eduard Shevardnadze stated that on the threshold of the prliamentary election in Georgia could plunge into adventure in order to keep the power. According to Shevarnadze, Saakashvili has established dictatorship in the country, the VZGLIAD reported.
At the same time, the edition reported, Eduard Shevardnadze believes Saakashvili was ready to do anything to preserve the power. Former president hasn't ruled out that Saakasvili wouldn't plunge into another adventure.