- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Eduard Shevardnadze has apologized to the people of Georgia2012-07-02 11:53
Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze repented of transmitting power to Mikheil Saakashvili. He stated this in an interview to a popular Tbilisi newspaper "Asaval-Dasavali", the ITAR-TASS reported.
According to Shevardnadze, his "biggest sin to the people and the country was the fact that he had transmitted power to Saakashvili". He stated that he "had no other choice but to resign early, but I am ready to repent and apologize to the people of Georgia for having transmitted the power to Saakashvili. I admit my mistake and apologize to the people", he stressed.
At the same time, Eduard Shevardnadze stated that on the threshold of the prliamentary election in Georgia could plunge into adventure in order to keep the power. According to Shevarnadze, Saakashvili has established dictatorship in the country, the VZGLIAD reported.
At the same time, the edition reported, Eduard Shevardnadze believes Saakashvili was ready to do anything to preserve the power. Former president hasn't ruled out that Saakasvili wouldn't plunge into another adventure.