- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: the EU is a matter of political choice for Georgia2012-07-05 15:22
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said that for Georgia the European Union was a deeper issue than a matter of political expediency. It is a fundamental political choice of Georgia. According to the Administration of the President of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili said this after the meeting with the President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy held on July 4th, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The main European values are freedom, democracy, free and fair election, non-corrupt environment, separation of money from politics, political processes based on the will of the people, not on its bribery, intimidation and other manipulations", Saakashvili said emphasizing that these values represented a solid foundation for Georgia's European integration.
He noted the progress made in negotiations on free trade agreement, progress in the liberalization of visa regime with the EU and association agreement. "In short, we are doing everything possible so that you can pass to the next stage - to start negotiations on full membership in the EU Security Council given our European perspective", Georgian President stated.
At the same time, the President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy said that Georgia and Russia must find the way to normalize the relations, the VZGLIAD reported.
"The EU is interested in normalization of Georgian-Russian relations on the basis of the principle of territorial integrity of Georgia within its internationally recognized borders", Rompuy said.