- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA: Russia can make Assad resign2012-07-06 12:25
The U.S. State Department welcomes Russia's negotiations with the Syrian opposition and hopes Moscow will use its influence on Damascus in order to bring political change in Syria, the KP.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We welcome this. Obviously, the Russians took part in the Cairo Conference, and now are increasingly interested in the opposition", the U.S. State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said at a news briefing on Thursday.
Ventrell added they would continue to urge Russia to use its influence on Bashar Assad's regime.
As recalled by the Dni.ru, on the basis of the first ministerial meeting on Syria in Geneva on June 30, it was decided to establish transitional government in the country with the participation of all the parties. Following the revision of the constitution and the establishment of a new constitutional order it was supposed to hold multiparty election and to form a new government bodies.
Armed confrontation between authorities and opposition in Syria continues for more than 15 months. During this time, according to the UN, more than 12,000 people were killed, about 230,000 people have become refugees, at least one million Syrians need humanitarian assistance.