- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan believes the West and NATO are not interested in the restoration of justice2012-07-06 14:33
According to the first vice-speaker of the Milli Mejlis Ziyafyat Askerov, "the West and NATO see only oil and gas in Azerbaijan", the IA Regnum reported. "We do not want to be perceived only as a source of energy", he said at a meeting with NATO Special Representative for South Caucasus and Central Asia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have a big unsolved Karabakh problem, while the West is doing nothing to address it, but just calling for peace. We also want peace, but not at the expense of our land", he said.
He noted with regret that the fruitful meetings remained without results. In spite of the great political and military potential of NATO in Euro-Atlantic space, the organization is making no effort to resolve the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh.
Askerov noted that despite the fact that NATO has declared support for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, it remains on paper.
At the same time, as was earlier reported by the Baltinfo, at the conference NATO Special Representative for South Caucasus and Central Asia James Apparturay stated that NATO perceived Azerbaijan as one of its most important partners in the region. However, speaking of the question of joining the alliance in the foreseeable future, "Azerbaijan has not shown such an interest", he said.