- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenian Consulate has confirmed the deaths of two Armenians2012-07-09 17:43
Armenian Consulate in Sochi has confirmed the deaths of two Armenians by the floods in southern Russia. According to the Rosbalt, this was announced by the spokesman of the Armenian Foreign Minister Tigran Balayan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him, the victims are Lydia and Hovhannes Shahbazyan.
Previously, the press service of Ministry of Emergency Situations stated that in connection with the disaster in Russia the Center for Crisis Management of Emergency Ministry of Armenia opened a "hot" telephone line - 010 36 02 97 060 44 03 41. Under the order of the Minister of Emergency Situations Armen Yeritsyan there was created an operational working group, headed by the Director of Rescue Service, Major General Sergey Azaryan.
Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan has instructed the head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations to clarify the need for search and rescue operations and to organize appropriate assistance, as well as to provide practical assistance to Armenian citizens and compatriots in the disaster zone, the News-Georgia reported.
On Sunday, Minister of Emergency Situations of Armenia held a telephone conversation with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Puchkov. "There is no need for assistance from the Armenian side", the press service of the Emergencies Ministry announced.
Earlier, the President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan sent condolences to his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, expressing his readiness to render any assistance to overcome the effects of the tragedy.