- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Afghanistan gets $ 16 billion for economic recovery2012-07-10 15:05
Donor countries have agreed to allocate financial assistance in amount of $ 16 billion to Afghanistan to restore the economy. This decision was reached today at the conference in Tokyo, the RBC reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
To implement the assistance plan Kabul must carry out a series of internal reforms. In particular, they must increase the effectiveness of measures against corruption, which, supposedly, may nullify all the efforts of foreign partners in Afghanistan.
According to the participants of the Tokyo conference, the purpose of the Afghan finance programs is that the allocation of financial aid to the Islamic Republic will provide a foundation for economic growth and create jobs. It is expected that these measures would make radical ideas of the terrorist organizations in the country unpopular and allow maintaining stability after the withdrawal of the international coalition.
In turn, Afghanistan has pledged to take strong measures against corruption, as well as to create the foundations of a democratic society, in particular - a fair electoral system and ensuring equitable election, the RIA Novosti reported.
An important point of agreement is that Afghanistan and the signatory countries will report on the process of implementing the agreements once in two years at the ministerial meetings, convened for this.