- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Number of flood victims in the Kuban region has increased to 1722012-07-10 16:57
Number of flood victims in the Kuban region has increased to 172, the RIA Novosti reported with reference to the regional administration.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"According to the latest official figures, the number of flood victims has reached 30,000 people, 172 people died; water has damaged about 200 socially important facilities", said in a statement.
July 7, as a result of floods in the Krasnodar Territory more than 170 people have died. In the affected areas of the Kuban about 650 homes were destroyed. Investigative Committee of Russia and officials are looking for the perpetrators of the tragedy. A criminal case on the tragedy was instituted.
According to preliminary estimates of MES, 643 homes were destroyed, including partially - 547, fully - 96. According to local authorities, about 3,3 thousand people have completely lost the property and 18,7 thousand - partially.
"As emphasized at the meeting of the operational staff, the amount of damage from the floods could reach more than one billion rubles. Vladimir Ustinov, the presidential envoy in the Southern Federal District, noted that it may be even greater, given the scale of the disaster", reported on the website of the regional administration.
Nearly 48,000 people in the Krasnodar region are without electricity, gas and water. "In the city of Krymsk, 17.6 thousand people remain without electricity, 28,000 people without gas, 2000 people - without water", Russian Emergencies Ministry reported.
Over 5000 homes are flooded. "The exploration of 10,232 thousands houses was carried out; the water was pumped from 2,819 thousands private houses", the representative of the operational staff in the emergency area said. He reported that basements of 5,105 thousand houses and 110 outbuildings territories remain partially flooded.