- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In Georgia, the cities of Kutaisi, Batumi and Gurjaani are flooded2012-07-10 18:15
As reported by the Utro.ru, as a result of prolonged heavy rains and exit of the rivers from the banks the cities of Kutaisi and Batumi in western Georgia and Gurjaani in Kakheti region in the east are flooded. A part of the central Georgian highway Gurjaani - Tbilisi is also flooded.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Georgian media, power lines are damaged; in some areas supply of drinking water stopped. In Gurjaani and neighbouring villages crops and poultry have died.
According to the RBC, Batumi drainage system has not coped with the flow of water, which led to flooding of several streets. Central station of the city is also flooded.
The situation in Imereti is also very complicated. In Kutaisi and Poti water flooded the lower floors of buildings. Rescue services were directed to the disaster areas.
No killed or injured in the disaster were not reported.