- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Seventeen people are missing in the Kuban2012-07-12 16:29
After the disaster in the Krasnodar region 17 people remain missing, the Emergency Situations Minister Vladimir Puchkov said, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"To date, 17 people are missing, but it does not mean that they have died", Puchkov said. He explained that after the flooding the electricity was cut off, thus it was hard to the people to communicate with each other by phone. "Emergency staff is searching for the missing", the Minister added.
Kuban Police are now seeking seven residents of Krymsk, the chief of the press service of the MIA in Krasnodar Territory Igor Zhelyabin said. He stressed that police did not check the rumors about a larger number of missing. "We work only on the appeals of Krymsk residents. At the moment we have seven appeals which are not worked out", Zhelyabin said.
Totally, from the day of the flood the police received 21 appeals about the disappearance of citizens. In two cases it was found that searched people have died, 12 - were found alive.
July 7, as a result of floods in the Krasnodar Territory more than 170 people have died. In the affected areas of the Kuban about 650 homes were destroyed. Investigative Committee of Russia and officials are looking for the perpetrators of the tragedy.