- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE Secretary General: Armenia and Azerbaijan need to prepare their societies for peace2012-07-12 18:08
July 12, at a joint press conference with the OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zaner in Yerevan Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian stated that unlike Azerbaijan, Armenia is preparing its society for peace, not war, not making bellicose statements every day and pointing to an increase in military budget and the purchase of a huge number of weapons, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Minister recalled that Armenia until now agreed with all proposals of OSCE Minsk Group, including the removal of snipers from the contact line and the development of mechanisms for investigating incidents.
In this context, Lamberto Zaner said of the importance to prepare the societies of Armenia and Azerbaijan to peace. "This is the essence of the conflict settlement. OSCE is a mediator in the settlement process, but it is important that the parties were ready to demonstrate their loyalty to an agreement and prepare their societies for peace", Zaner said.
Recall, yesterday it was reported that Azerbaijani army was conducting large-scale exercises in the area of contact between the armed forces of Armenia and Azerbaijan, press officer of the Defense Ministry said.
"The military exercises, conducted under the leadership of Defense Minister Safar Abiyev, involve ground troops and personnel of the Air Force of the country. The exercises provide for the use of modern equipment and weapons", the agency's interlocutor said.
The exercises began on Tuesday and will last until the end of the week.