- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia opens a casino at the border with Russia2012-07-13 16:33
Georgia intends to build a casino near the border with Russia. The corresponding decree was signed by the new Prime Minister of the country Vano Merabishvili, Dni.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It is planned that it will be a first-class gambling establishment. It will be built in the Kazbegi region near the border with Russia and will be released from the annual fixed tax.
Note that at the present time in the resort areas of Georgia there are dozens of official casinos, which give substantial income in the state treasury. According to some sources, the sum of a fixed tax on gambling, which is being levied each year, ranges from 100,000 to 5 million GEL.
Experts believe that the decision of the Georgian authorities can be explained by the large number of Russian tourists who enter the country through the checkpoint Kazbegi - Upper Lars, the Russian News Service reported.