- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Diplomatic scandal between Russia and Saudi Arabia2012-07-16 12:13
Diplomatic relations between Russia and Saudi Arabia spoiled after Riyadh has considered unfriendly the statement by the Russian FM Commissioner for human rights Konstantin Dolgov about the unrests in the country, the RBC reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Saudi Arabia is very surprised to learn about the comments by the Russian Foreign Ministry Commissioner for human rights, which is a flagrant and unjustified interference in the kingdom's internal affairs", Foreign Minister of the country said in the statement.
On Thursday, July 12, Dolgov expressed concern over the unrest in eastern Saudi Arabia. He described the riots as a clash of peaceful demonstrators and police in which two people were killed and 20 wounded. He also expressed concern that the Shiite minority in Saudi Arabia might be subjected to discrimination by the Sunni majority, the RIA Novosti reported.
According to international human rights organization Amnesty International, in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, starting from February last year about 500 people were arrested for participating in the protest. Six people were killed during dispersal of demonstrations and rallies. To date, most of the detainees released. More than 80 people remain in prisons.