- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Russian government is Georgia's enemy2012-07-16 13:11
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili believes that close relations between Russians and Georgians should be preserved, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The people of Russia are not our enemy, it's about the government they have, but this is temporary. The more Russian citizens visit Georgia, the harder it is for the current Russian government to unleash another adventure against us, because the Russian people would understand our country is a peaceful place", Saakashvili said on Saturday at the opening ceremony new modern hotel in the village of Kazbegi.
Saakashvili added a lot of tourists from Russia would come there to stay in this hotel, the IA Regnum reported. "We will lay good roads in Kazbegi and drive a tunnel which would connect Kazbegi directly with Tbilisi. We have almost found money for this. Construction of this tunnel will be the most difficult, but it will be very important, and we will fully complete this task", the president promised.
According to him, as soon as the Russian tourists see that is a peaceful and normal place, the contacts between the Georgian and Russian peoples begin to restore.