- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE presence in Georgia and South Ossetia mandates are being worked out2009-02-20 18:21
Russia is working on the draft OSCE field presence in Georgia and South Ossetia mandates.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We proceed from the fact that every presence that might be in South Ossetia must surely base on the support of local authorities, and all modalities must be agreed with the South Ossetian side ", said Alexander Grushko, the Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia.
"There are no other variants for cooperation between South Ossetia and the OSCE ", he said - RIA Novosti.
According to Grushko, "the old mandate is valid no longer, as the joint peacekeeping forces that were the OSCE monitoring object, stopped their existence in result of Georgia's unilateral quittance from the peace agreements on South Ossetia".
"Therefore today there is a need to work out the mandate and define the regions where monitors or some representatives of the OSCE can work, the object of monitoring and their functions in general", he believes.
To do it, the OSCE must contribute in "consolidation of non-repetition of tragedy guarantees" in regard of the invasion of Georgia in South Ossetia , "in particular - the guarantees of no further provocations from the side of Georgia alongside the entire South Ossetian-Georgian border", the diplomat said.