- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Scenes with the chicken meat will be forbidden in Iran2012-07-16 19:56
Iran may impose censorship on the show of the scenes in which the characters are eating chicken, because the price of chicken meat in Iran has increased dramatically. This was announced by the Iranian police commander Ismail Ahmadi Mokaddam, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The film depict people at the table eating chicken, while someone cannot afford to buy a fowl", Mokaddam said. In his opinion, such scenes exacerbate social tensions in the country.
"Movies are now mirrors of society, and someone, seeing in them the class stratification, may decide to arm themselves and take away property from the rich, the commander of the Iranian police said.
Due to the sharp reduction in imports of chicken meat in Iran, its price has tripled this year. Now it is worth 70,000 rials (about 170 rubles).
Note that satirists have already made fun of the situation. In a local newspaper there has been published a caricature depicting a chicken with the bills worth of 100,000 rials (245 rubles) tied to its wings.