- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syrian rebels unleash a large-scale offensive2012-07-17 12:07
The rebels in Syria have announced a total offensive operation on the position of the government forces "Volcano in Damascus - earthquake in Syria". In a joint statement, the rebel commanders in the city of Homs and the military council of the so-called Free Syrian Army (FSA) say the operation began on Monday at 8 pm local time (21:00 GMT), "in response to the brutal killings and barbaric crimes committed by the regime of Bashar al-Assad", the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the DW.de, in a statement, the FSA also says the operation code-named "Volcano in Damascus - earthquake in Syria" is "the first strategic step" to the action of civil disobedience across the country. Earlier, the rebels said they had managed to capture two districts of Damascus, and called this event "turning point" in the fight against President Bashar Assad.
Syrian rebels have announced their plans to start large-scale offensive on government troops amid the reports about severe armed clashes between their forces and government troops in several districts of Damascus.
It is reported that the FSA forces have begun to attack "all the roadblock of state law enforcement agencies in the cities and rural areas in order to provoke a fierce battle".
According to the VZGLIAD, on Tuesday Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected to meet with the UN and the League of Arab States Special Envoy Kofi Annan. Russian President is going to reaffirm Moscow's assistance in organization of the second round of the Action Group talks to address the crisis in Syrian.