- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Close confinement for insult of Saakashvili2012-07-18 13:17
Three residents of the Sachkhere District of Georgia were sentenced to 15 days of imprisonment for having publicly used filthy language against President Mikheil Saakashvili, the correspondent of the newspaper VZGLIAD in Tbilisi reported referring to the Tbilisi newspaper "Resonansi".gt-en-newsitem-inside
Due to the fact that the Criminal Code of Georgia does not provide punishment for the obscenity against the president, three men were convicted for disorderly conduct. Such an act is punishable by a fine of 100 lari ($ 60) or imprisonment for up to 90 days.
As recalled by the Argumenti.ru, not so long ago in the Sachkhere region of Georgia, a local resident was sentenced to 15 days of imprisonment for raising a toast to President Mikhail Saakashvili holding a beer. In Georgia, it is considered to be offensive.
He was charged with resistance to the police.
Recall, earlier the Georgian Interior Ministry reported that three representatives of the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", led by billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, were detained in Tbilisi.
The detained are the two members of the "National Forum" (this association is the coalition "Georgian Dream" member) Tariel Kardava and Temur Sheklashvili, as well as a representative of the Conservative Party (also member of Ivanishvili's coalition) Merab Kachakhidze.