- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The convoy of 18 NATO tank trucks was blown up in Afghanistan2012-07-18 14:01
Two powerful explosions destroyed 18 NATO supply tank trucks of in the northern Afghan province of Samangan, RIA Novosti reported with reference to the radio station "Salaam Watandar".gt-en-newsitem-inside
The incident occurred Wednesday at about 3 am local time (02.30 GMT) in Rubatak district, at the trucks parking.
As a result of the explosions a large fire started; the firefighters fought the fire for several hours. As a result, in addition to fuel trucks the fire burned several another trucks. Several drivers have got injures and burns.
The police suggest the magnetic mines that were attached to tankers by the militants have exploded.
On the eve, the militants of the radical movement Taliban burned at least 25 fuel tanks of NATO forces in Afghanistan's Wardak province. This was officially announced by the representative of Afghan Talibs Zabiulla Mujahid, the Interfax reported referring to the Iranian television channel "Press TV".
The Talibs have destroyed 25 fuel tanks and killed several drivers and guards, Mujahid said.
Note that this attack was carried out in a few days after the decision on the resumption of NATO cargo transit to Afghanistan through Pakistan, which has caused resentment among the population.
Earlier, the Taliban fired the convoy of the UN World Food Program in northern Afghanistan.