- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Heavy rain and hail caused serious damage to villages in Georgia2012-07-19 15:44
Several thousands of families were affected by heavy rain and hurricane winds in some areas of Kakheti (Eastern Georgia), RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the settlements of the Gurjaani, Telavi and Lagodekhi districts, the roofs and the walls of houses were destroyed, some of which were flooded.
In all the villages, the crops was destroyed, livestock and poultry were killed. "The villages are cut off the electricity. The roads are destroyed, the bakery does not work", the edition reported referring to the Regional Agency Information Center of Kakheti. According to the Center, as a result of the disaster 16 people were injured; they were brought to the Telavi hospital.
Georgian military road was closed for few hours. It connects Tbilisi with the Russian border. Due to the rain a landslide destroyed a part of the highway Kobe-Gudairui, the MIR reported. Now the road is open.
Tbilisi was affected least of all. Here, the emergency services had to respond to 85 calls. Most problems were related to flooding of basements.