- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The suspects in the attempted murder of the Mufti detained in Tatarstan2012-07-20 13:42
Tatarstan's law enforcement agencies have detained four suspects in the attempted murder of the Mufti of the republic and murder of his deputy, the official spokesman of Russian Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin said, RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"First four of the suspects in the case of the attempted murder of the Mufti of Tatarstan and murder of his deputy were arrested", Markin said without specifying details.
In Kazan, on Thursday morning, an attempted murder of the mufti of the republic Ildus Fayzov. Unidentified persons have blown up his car; he has got injured. At the same time, Deputy Mufti, the head of educational department of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of the region Waliullah Yakupov was shot near his house.
Yakupov left his house on the Zarya Str. at about 10 am, when the stranger approached and shot him. The priest got into his car, where he died from injuries.
Attempt on 49-year-old Ildus Fayzov took place a little later. His car Toyota Land Cruiser blew up at the intersection of Musina Str. and Chetaev Str. The spiritual head of the republic was thrown away by the blast of the car and injured. However, he was able to independently get to the ambulance car with injuries and was taken to the hospital, the Interfax recalls.