- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian government restructures loans and pays compensation to the affected population2012-07-20 16:50
Georgian government is going to restructure bank loans and to pay compensation to the population affected by the disaster. 19 July, at another meeting of the staff for liquidation of consequences of the disaster, which took place in the region of Kakheti, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has ordered the Cabinet to develop appropriate action plans, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Administration of the President of Georgia, the evening meeting was attended by all the government members. Mikheil Saakashvili has called for the creation of a special hot line for those affected to call and report their problems.
The President instructed to clean the roads until noon July 20 and promised that clearing service of Tbilisi City Hall would join this work. Supply of electricity and gas will be gradually resumed in all the affected regions within a few days.
Recall, several thousands of families were affected by heavy rain and hurricane winds in some areas of Kakheti (Eastern Georgia).
In the settlements of the Gurjaani, Telavi and Lagodekhi districts, the roofs and the walls of houses were destroyed, some of which were flooded.
In all the villages, the crops was destroyed, livestock and poultry were killed. "The villages are cut off the electricity. The roads are destroyed, the bakery does not work", the edition reported referring to the Regional Agency Information Center of Kakheti. According to the Center, as a result of the disaster 16 people were injured; they were brought to the Telavi hospital.